You’ve probably heard about it. Then again, maybe not. Despite the fact that the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team has won three straight Olympic gold medals, and was runner-up in the 2011 World Cup, women’s soccer is still struggling to receive the attention and respect it deserves in both the mainstream U.S. sports media and …
Tag: Gender Equality
It’s often said that all it takes is a few words to spark a movement. A word, a phrase – sometimes they’re all that are needed to unite people, force them to take a stand, and change the course of history. On January 24th, 2011, a Toronto police officer from York University did just that when …
Maybe you’ve seen it. There’s a piece circulating online with the title “How Pinterest is Killing Feminism”. Avid pinner and fellow feminist myself, all it took was the title to get my attention. My first reaction was anger. Then, I was insulted. How dare they make such an accusation about my beloved pasttime? The article sat …
The Good: First, the good news. The good news is that the 2012 ESPN Body Issue has officially hit newsstands. Just kidding, that’s not the real good news. The real good news is that we can officially call the ESPN’s 4th Annual Body Issue “a step in the right direction”. While the outright nudity in the …
National Girls and Women in Sports Day was held last month on February 1st, forty years after the passage of Title IX. For the past 26 years, people across the country have celebrated NGWSD and strengthened Title IX’s declaration, that no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from …
Gender inequality is a deplorable reality that runs rampant across the globe. Women are vulnerable to injustice at home, work and in their communities. Socially, economically, politically and culturally, women have been treated as second class citizens throughout history. In the workplace, women earn less money on average than their male counterparts and face a …
I watched the Heat vs. Mavericks game last night—cheering for LeBron, Wade, and Bosh the whole way. Unfortunately, they lost this one. However, it had me thinking about why men’s sports teams are so glorified and women’s sports teams so devalued. Not only are women athletes and sports teams often devalued—they are very often suppressed, …
- By Ufuoma Barbara Akpotaire in Awareness Building, General Information, Strategic Global Initiatives
A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about my dinner with Marie Wilson and about the role of women in International Economic Development. In keeping with that theme, I was excited to read about the launch of U.N. Women on Thursday last week.
What is U.N. Women you might ask, and why do we need another agency pushing for gender equality?
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (81)
- Awareness Building (742)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (110)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (25)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (171)
- En Español (34)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (543)
- Global Health (167)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (33)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (85)
- Sustainable Impact (164)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (156)
- Youth (85)
- #APYDCON 2018: LGBT+ Bullying in School Settings
- #APYDCON 2018: Youth Homelessness
- (Emotional) Safety First: Supporting Students with Trauma Histories
- #APYDCON 2018: Trauma-Sensitive Education
- What I learned at the 2018 Network for Social Work Management Conference
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Rose Marguez
- #APYDCHAT: Ending Youth Homelessness
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Renee D. Flagler
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Bethany Housman
- #GivingTuesday: One Day that Impacts All Others
- CLASS Fall 2017: Where Passion Ignites our Purpose
- Should a Living Wage be a Basic Human Right?
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.