While many Americans look forward to the days following Thanksgiving, #BlackFriday and #CyberMonday, for deals on gifts from friends or family, #GivingTuesday is a global campaign aimed at closing the disconnect between the materialism that has become associated with the holiday season and focuses on taking one day to rally and give back to communities …
Tag: Strategic Initiatives
#GivingTuesday: One Day that Impacts All Others
CLASS Fall 2017: Where Passion Ignites our Purpose
Last week The SISGI Group initiated the newest cohort of our Community Leadership Academy for the Social Sector (CLASS)! CLASS is an initiative that supports nonprofit professionals as they design a project to address an issue in their community. Although this program is a one year virtual experience, the kick off is a one day …
Virtual Internship – Real Experience
- By Andrea Summerlin in Beyond Good Ideas Foundation, Lessons Learned from..., Strategic Global Initiatives, Technology
When I tell others that my internship is online, I usually know what is coming next. It most likely will be laughter followed by comments such as “That must be so easy” or “I wish I could go to work in my pajamas”. Remarks such as these are made by those who may not be …
Mandatory Autism Awareness and Response Training for Law Enforcement
- By Jade Vega in Awareness Building
I am one of millions of people whose life has been touched by somebody with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). I work with individuals who have autism, both children and adults, mostly in their homes and out in the community. On a regular basis when I am with my clients, we are stared at, and …
Housing First Model for Homelessness?
- By Sean Haggerty in Awareness Building, Band-aid for a heart attack, Economic Development, Lessons Learned from...
Is it time to start thinking differently about homelessness? There’s a broad spectrum of approaches and opinions surrounding homelessness in the US and its assumed you are somewhere on that continuum. The Veteran’s Administration and Barack Obama have declared to end veteran homelessness by 2015, although results and progress remain to be seen. What if …
So is Voluntourism the Road Better Traveled?
Voluntourism, as discussed in a previous blog, To Go Or Not To Go, provides a unique impact and scope compared to traditional donations. The second part of the series seeks to uncover the road of donations as compared to voluntourism in terms of reaching the destination, community impact, and the values of overhead. The analysis …
UAA: Is it Enough?
- By Nikki Lux in Awareness Building
This week I stumbled upon some thrilling news: The Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 (UAA). This fancy little piece of legislation goes into effect July of 2014 and may be a push in the right direction for addressing the loopholes in existence within the international adoption process. So what is the UAA? This document, signed …
To Go or Not To Go: Voluntourism
With the advent of global media and an increasingly connected world, the average citizen is drastically more informed and aware than yesteryear’s counterpart. This media saturation combined with man’s natural tendency to travel has produced a budding practice coined voluntourism, where socially conscious travelers are able to incorporate humanistic ambitions with new and exciting experiences …
Is Burma really on the path to Democracy?
The religious crisis in Arakan state, Burma against the Rohingya Muslims is escalating by the second. I had previously written about this subject in my blog posts, but I want to update everyone on what is currently going on. To briefly explain what the conflict is about, there are groups of Buddhist extremists and Burmese …
How Technology Can Help Girls
“The birth and rise of new media is, however, changing the story for many girls in Africa who have been given an opportunity to compete with their male counterparts. “- MAUREEN AGENA, I’m sure it would come to no surprise to any of you if I told you that technology was one of the quickest …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (101)
- Awareness Building (763)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (185)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (142)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (21)
- Women (137)
- Youth (87)
- Celebrating Indigenous Heritage in K-12 Settings
- 5 Methods for LGBTQ Inclusivity in Schools and Youth Programs
- Promoting Youth Mental Health Through Social-Emotional Learning in Schools and Youth Programs
- 5 Ways to Support LGBTQ Youth Mental Health
- How to Support Youth Mental Health
- Day of Silence, 2022
- Minority Stress Effect & The Impact on LGBTQIA+ Youth
- Being Queer: New Trend? Or Do We Just Not Know Our History
- The Avenue to Seeing BIPOC Girls in Leadership
- 5 Meaningful Ways to Support Youth This School Year
- The Pandemic Created a Perfect Storm for Washington’s Most Rural Counties
- Marblemount Food Bank: Volunteering in Rural Communities
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.