Voluntourism, as discussed in a previous blog, To Go Or Not To Go, provides a unique impact and scope compared to traditional donations. The second part of the series seeks to uncover the road of donations as compared to voluntourism in terms of reaching the destination, community impact, and the values of overhead. The analysis …
Social justice, good. Charity, bad. At least that’s always been my philosophy. It’s simple. Straightforward. Easy to follow. Maybe that’s the problem. This personal philosophy first developed sometime around my sophomore year in college. After participating in several break trips, and spending a lot of time reflecting on systemic social problems and injustices, I grew …
- By Natalie in Band-aid for a heart attack, General Information, Good People Not So Good Idea, Lessons Learned from...
The lives of Haitians are threadbare and there is little in the way of relief funds. How is this possible? When international donations totaling more than $10 billion were donated to Haiti in the aftermath of the earthquake . The disparity in the suffering of the Haitian people and the astronomical amount of money donated …
- Band-Aid approaches, best practices, Charitable Work, Charity, Community Change, donations, Donor Awareness, Donors, economic development, Global Issues, Good Work, International Aid, Poverty, Red Cross, social empowerment, social problems, Strategic Initiatives, sustainable development, sustainable impact
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (81)
- Awareness Building (742)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (110)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (25)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (171)
- En Español (34)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (543)
- Global Health (167)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (33)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (85)
- Sustainable Impact (164)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (156)
- Youth (85)
- #APYDCON 2018: LGBT+ Bullying in School Settings
- #APYDCON 2018: Youth Homelessness
- (Emotional) Safety First: Supporting Students with Trauma Histories
- #APYDCON 2018: Trauma-Sensitive Education
- What I learned at the 2018 Network for Social Work Management Conference
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Rose Marguez
- #APYDCHAT: Ending Youth Homelessness
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Renee D. Flagler
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Bethany Housman
- #GivingTuesday: One Day that Impacts All Others
- CLASS Fall 2017: Where Passion Ignites our Purpose
- Should a Living Wage be a Basic Human Right?
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.