Nikki Lux is an alumnus of the College of Mount St. Joseph's Communication Studies program in Cincinnati, Ohio, where she minored in English and Written Communications. She is currently a student at the University of Southern California and will complete her Masters of Social Work in May 2014, with a concentration in community organization, planning, and administration. An expecting mother and wife of two years, Nikki spent six years in the United States Marine Corps where she was able to travel to multiple countries across the globe. Nikki was impacted most by a humanitarian mission in 2010 which landed her in Uganda, Africa. It was here that she found her passion for international studies and the people of developing nations. As an ISC intern with the SISGI Group, Nikki will focus on social disparities, human rights and violations, and relief and humanitarian assistance, with a specific interest on East African Countries.
This week I stumbled upon some thrilling news: The Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 (UAA). This fancy little piece of legislation goes into effect July of 2014 and may be a push in the right direction for addressing the loopholes in existence within the international adoption process. So what is the UAA? This document, signed …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (92)
- Awareness Building (754)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (179)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (141)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (21)
- Women (136)
- Youth (86)
- 5 Meaningful Ways to Support Youth This School Year
- The Pandemic Created a Perfect Storm for Washington’s Most Rural Counties
- Marblemount Food Bank: Volunteering in Rural Communities
- School Meal Delivery During COVID-19
- School Lunch in an Online World
- What does food mean to you?
- The Disparities and Inequalities of COVID-19: How coronavirus has impacted the BIPOC community
- Amplifying Youth Voices: WA COVID Response Corps Addresses Food Insecurity
- Supporting Youth Mental Health: The Do’s & Don’ts
- 5 Revolutionary Women of Color Who Made Herstory
- Equity in Education: COVID’s Impact on Youth Education Part II
- Equity in Education – COVID’s Impact on Youth Education
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.