Thomas Stevenson is a Master of Social Work intern with SISGI Group’s Institute for Social Change. He is currently a student at the University of Southern California and holds a Bachelor of Psychology from the University of Maine. Thomas has completed research in areas related to LGBTQ+ communities, interpersonal violence, suicidality, and self-harm. In addition to academic experience, Thomas has had significant professional exposure as a grassroots canvasser, domestic violence advocate, personal care attendant for individuals with memory disorders, a crisis response worker, and a residential counselor. He has also served as a trainer, mentor, and peer within many of these communities. Thomas identifies as a queer, transgender man.
Although Trans Awareness Week and Transgender Day of Remembrance have passed, the violence perpetrated against this community will not end unless we continue to fight against it year-round. As a survivor of multiple forms of anti-transgender violence, and a friend to many other trans and gender nonconforming victims and survivors, I have seen first hand …
I was raped at the age of 19, and a year later was threatened with death and sexually assaulted once more. I have been told that I “should be brought behind a barn and shot”, and that I should be “put on an island with people like [me] and have bombs dropped on [us]”, among …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (85)
- Awareness Building (741)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (169)
- Education (174)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (136)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (184)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (134)
- Youth (84)
- Supporting Migrant Children Part 2: Educators & Schools
- Supporting Migrant Children Part 1: Community Members
- Education Reform: Helping Maltreated Youth by Increasing Protective Factors in Schools
- Supporting Refugee and Migrant Children
- Education Reform: Redefining School Safety & Violence Prevention
- Puerto Rico After María: Sicómoro Inc.
- Puerto Rico After María: Relief for Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico After María: Tarps for My People
- Puerto Rico After María: The Exodus from Puerto Rico
- Ending Anti-Transgender Violence
- Anti-Transgender Violence: The Continuing Epidemic
- #APYDCON 2018: LGBT+ Bullying in School Settings
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.