Kristen Youngs is a graduate of the University of North Texas. She majored in Applied Arts and Sciences with concentrations in nonprofit management and anthropology. She is passionate about international nonprofit work, which helped influenced her degree choice. Kristen is an avid traveler and loves outdoor sports. Her research focus areas while at the SISGI Group were international LGBT issues, education development in impoverished and rural areas, and global women’s rights.
Honor killings are generally associated with cultures that treat women with contempt. These cultures see females as objects that can be owned, sold, and handled in whatever way is deemed appropriate by a male. When a woman commits an act that traditionally “brings shame” to a family or community, she is killed. More often than …
In dictionary terms, the word “faggot” refers to a bundle of sticks used for kindling. While this might be common knowledge for some, one believed origin of the term probably isn’t. Faggots were used to stimulate fires during Europe’s Inquisition period. These fires are generally associated with the burning of heretics, but among them were …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (85)
- Awareness Building (741)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (169)
- Education (174)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (136)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (184)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (134)
- Youth (84)
- Supporting Migrant Children Part 2: Educators & Schools
- Supporting Migrant Children Part 1: Community Members
- Education Reform: Helping Maltreated Youth by Increasing Protective Factors in Schools
- Supporting Refugee and Migrant Children
- Education Reform: Redefining School Safety & Violence Prevention
- Puerto Rico After María: Sicómoro Inc.
- Puerto Rico After María: Relief for Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico After María: Tarps for My People
- Puerto Rico After María: The Exodus from Puerto Rico
- Ending Anti-Transgender Violence
- Anti-Transgender Violence: The Continuing Epidemic
- #APYDCON 2018: LGBT+ Bullying in School Settings
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.