Jose Barron is currently an MSW candidate at the University of Southern California and an intern at The SISGI Group. Jose’s personal experience with incarceration has led to his resilient work to serve his local community by mentoring and providing guidance to troubled youth and active gang members. Prior to pursuing his Masters degree, Jose served as the Director at the Center for Employment and Training in Oxnard where he was able to help his clients choose a more positive life path through empowering them with skill building opportunities. Jose shares his story with others to instill hope and provide guidance to juvenile inmates and recent parolees from the California Department of Corrections. Jose is also an associate of USC’s Student Government where he holds office as the 2017-2018 Communication Representative. In addition, he has recently joined the National Association of Social Work-USC unit for 2017-2018.
Approximately 2.1 million youth under the age of 18 are arrested in the United States in a single year. Outcomes for youth involved in the justice system can include recidivism, academic failure, as well as mental health and substance abuse issues. However, there is a movement to reform the justice system by offering youth alternative …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (81)
- Awareness Building (745)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (110)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (171)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (543)
- Global Health (167)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (33)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (85)
- Sustainable Impact (164)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (156)
- Youth (85)
- Puerto Rico After María: Sicómoro Inc.
- Puerto Rico After María: Relief for Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico After María: Tarps for My People
- Puerto Rico After María: The Exodus from Puerto Rico
- Ending Anti-Transgender Violence
- Anti-Transgender Violence: The Continuing Epidemic
- #APYDCON 2018: LGBT+ Bullying in School Settings
- #APYDCON 2018: Youth Homelessness
- (Emotional) Safety First: Supporting Students with Trauma Histories
- #APYDCON 2018: Trauma-Sensitive Education
- What I learned at the 2018 Network for Social Work Management Conference
- Take 5 with a NELA Fellow – Rose Marguez
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.