I have shared how we are losing a battle as the number of suicides increase. A huge factor in this is the persecution and bullying that gay, lesbian, transgendered and bisexual individuals face because of their lifestyle and sexuality. One method of increasing tolerance is to build awareness and to show how our actions impact others. Marsha Ambrosius has created a music video for her new single “Far Away” that does an excellent job of showing how ignorant we can be towards each other. For her lead character, he is only accepted when he is assumed to be heterosexual. Nothing about him changes except who he is walking hand in hand with. It hopefully will lead people to think about how their reactions can have a lasting impact on the life of another. I am a huge fan of her music and am now even more impressed that she has used her platform to bring much needed awareness to this issue…Enjoy!
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: To increase the capacity of individuals, groups and organizations to create lasting social change.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (73)
- Awareness Building (740)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (110)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (24)
- Economic Development (169)
- Education (169)
- En Español (34)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (543)
- Global Health (167)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Lessons Learned from… (183)
- Me Rescuing Me (33)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (85)
- Sustainable Impact (164)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (19)
- Women (152)
- Youth (84)
- What Makes America Great is Our Communities #SouthernService
- Digital Communications and Social Good: Helpful Tips from Stefanie Weiss and Stefanie Cruz
- Improving Student Behavior Through Engagement
- Defining Your Own Success: Guidance Inspired by Yvonne Siu Turner
- Breaking the Bonds: Moving Away from Zero-Tolerance Policies
- Persistence Pays Off: Words of Wisdom from Earnestine Walker
- The Importance of Adaptation: Lessons Learned from Erich Pica
- Non-Traditional Social Work Careers: Where Do I Fit In? #alsoSW
- #WhyIMarch: A Personal Account of The Women’s March on Washington
- Increasing the Minimum Wage: An Answer to Growing Income Inequality in the U.S.
- I Am a Young Breast Cancer Survivor and This Is What I Want You to Know
- Key Quotes from Social Good Summit 2016 – Day Two
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.