Sean Haggerty is a graduate student from the University of Southern California, concentrating in Community Organizing, Administration, and Planning. With volunteer experience, both home and abroad, Sean works most passionately with disaster relief, poverty, and environmental sustainability, leading and joining various efforts to decrease the impact of each. Sean also maintains several years experience in youth development and providing in-home services to families experiencing the impacts of poverty, discrimination, and mental health issues. As an ISC intern, Sean looks forward to focusing on the call for diversity in the environmental movement, volunteerism and social capital as they relate to poverty alleviation, and disaster relief.
- By Sean Haggerty in Awareness Building, Band-aid for a heart attack, Economic Development, Lessons Learned from...
Is it time to start thinking differently about homelessness? There’s a broad spectrum of approaches and opinions surrounding homelessness in the US and its assumed you are somewhere on that continuum. The Veteran’s Administration and Barack Obama have declared to end veteran homelessness by 2015, although results and progress remain to be seen. What if …
- By Sean Haggerty in Awareness Building, Beyond Good Ideas Foundation, Education, Institute for Social Change, Technology, Volunteerism, Youth
Our video explores graphic facts of homelessness and the options for concerned citizens to explore. NPR reports that the number of homeless in the US declined in 2013, however these statistics are often difficult to track from the transient and elusive nature of the populations under study. Their report indicates that in 2013, around 610,000 …
- app, apps, bisexual, Domestic Violence, drug abuse, food banks, gay, homeless helper, homeless youth, lesbian, LGBT, Poverty, queer, runaway and homeless youth act, runaway youth, sexual assault, sexual orientation discrimination, shelters, social capital, social impact, suicide, Technology, Transgender
Voluntourism, as discussed in a previous blog, To Go Or Not To Go, provides a unique impact and scope compared to traditional donations. The second part of the series seeks to uncover the road of donations as compared to voluntourism in terms of reaching the destination, community impact, and the values of overhead. The analysis …
The United Nations is currently developing comprehensive assessments of the impact of social capital in communities and purports that volunteerism is the heart of social capital. As such, it is significant for volunteers and those creating volunteer opportunities to be mindful of the approaches and opportunities being created. To create bridging social capital requires a …
With the advent of global media and an increasingly connected world, the average citizen is drastically more informed and aware than yesteryear’s counterpart. This media saturation combined with man’s natural tendency to travel has produced a budding practice coined voluntourism, where socially conscious travelers are able to incorporate humanistic ambitions with new and exciting experiences …
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (101)
- Awareness Building (763)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (170)
- Education (185)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (142)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (185)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (21)
- Women (137)
- Youth (87)
- Celebrating Indigenous Heritage in K-12 Settings
- 5 Methods for LGBTQ Inclusivity in Schools and Youth Programs
- Promoting Youth Mental Health Through Social-Emotional Learning in Schools and Youth Programs
- 5 Ways to Support LGBTQ Youth Mental Health
- How to Support Youth Mental Health
- Day of Silence, 2022
- Minority Stress Effect & The Impact on LGBTQIA+ Youth
- Being Queer: New Trend? Or Do We Just Not Know Our History
- The Avenue to Seeing BIPOC Girls in Leadership
- 5 Meaningful Ways to Support Youth This School Year
- The Pandemic Created a Perfect Storm for Washington’s Most Rural Counties
- Marblemount Food Bank: Volunteering in Rural Communities
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.