- By Sally
Sally Pope is a recently graduated student from the New York University Masters in Public Health Program with a concentration in Community and International Health. She received a B.A. from the University of Florida where she majored in History and minored in Anthropology. Sally has worked in public health internationally with Naturopathic Medicine for Global Health in Guatemala and the Gender, Health & Justice Research Unit at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. She has also taken grad school coursework in Mexico to study immigration and in South Africa where she studied the health impacts in a post-apartheid country. Domestically, she has interned at the United Nations Population Fund working on the rights on indigenous peoples and was a research intern at an NYU research center on HIV/ AIDS among young New York City men who have sex with men.
While in grad school, Sally was the president of two public health student clubs and was an active member in NYU’s human trafficking group. Sally has skills in qualitative and quantitative data research and analysis, needs assessment, asset mapping, and program design and evaluation. Her interests lie in human rights, gender inequality and the health of vulnerable and displaced populations. As an SISGI Group Program and Research Intern, her work focused on refugees, women’s health issues globally and global environmental health issues.
Search for content on…
The SISGI Group
The SISGI Group is a consulting and nonprofit organization dedicated to turning good ideas into real solutions.
Mission: Strategic resources for mission driven work.
NotEnoughGood.com is a product of The SISGI Group's Institute for Social Change.
Support Our Work!
Donations support the Institute for Social Change and Beyond Good Ideas Foundation. Learn more at www.sisgigroup.org
- Alliance for Positive Youth Development (91)
- Awareness Building (751)
- Band-aid for a heart attack (109)
- Beyond Good Ideas Foundation (28)
- Economic Development (169)
- Education (177)
- En Español (38)
- Environment (17)
- General Information (530)
- Global Health (139)
- Good People Not So Good Idea (45)
- Institute for Social Change (41)
- International Economic Development (130)
- Leadership Academy (4)
- Lessons Learned from… (184)
- Me Rescuing Me (31)
- One Person Changing the World (32)
- SISGI Group Research (12)
- Social Entrepreneurship (22)
- Strategic Global Initiatives (82)
- Sustainable Impact (163)
- Technology (29)
- Tourism (41)
- Volunteerism (20)
- Women (136)
- Youth (86)
- School Lunch in an Online World
- What does food mean to you?
- The Disparities and Inequalities of COVID-19: How coronavirus has impacted the BIPOC community
- Amplifying Youth Voices: WA COVID Response Corps Addresses Food Insecurity
- Supporting Youth Mental Health: The Do’s & Don’ts
- 5 Revolutionary Women of Color Who Made Herstory
- Equity in Education: COVID’s Impact on Youth Education Part II
- Equity in Education – COVID’s Impact on Youth Education
- Trans Women Of Color: Leaders of the Liberation Movement and Where We Go Next
- Shelter in Place Order and What It Means During Child Abuse Prevention Month
- They Love Me, They Love Me Not: A Look at Teen Dating Violence Signs and Prevention
- Supporting Migrant Children Part 2: Educators & Schools
Join us on Google+
SISGI Group on Facebook
Most Common Tags
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.